The GP 14 VELO (from velocity) is the ultimate expression of today's new 13.5 meter FAI racing class, combined with highly advanced and efficient 25 kW, retractable electric self-launching system – RESLS, creates very capable package for both skilled pilots participating in world-class glider competitions, but also for other users, who prefer cross-country or leisure flying.
The glider comes in two fuselage sizes – standard and slim (GP 14 S VELO), to improve flight parameters even more. It offers absolutely top shelf performance, with best glide L/D = 45 and Vne = 270 km/h, wing loading 32 - 60 kg/m2.
The glider is designed using the latest 3D tools and methods, modelling and moulding executed exclusively via CNC machines. Uncompromised aerodynamic concept features sophisticated elliptic shaped wings and horizontal tail, as well as the most efficient and span-variable airfoils.
The production technology is based on the best carbon-epoxy composite materials commercially available, securing unmatched lightweight and strength of the construction. The glider’s structure is also high temperature resistant, which allows to offer a wide range of interesting or custom exterior colour schemes.
- VS: 65 km/h
- VNE: 270 km/h
- L/D: 43 / 95-105 km/h
- G limit: +5,3/-2,65
- Wing loading: 32-60 kg/m2
- Wing area: 7,0 m2
- Aspect ratio: 26
- Empty weight: 175 kg
- Max. take-off weight: 425 kg (255 kg UL)
- Min. sink speed: 72-75 km/h (35 kg/m2)
- Min. sink rate: 0,51 m/s (35 kg/m2)
- Speed at 2,0 m/s sink rate: 177-199 km/h (35-55 kg/m2)
- Wing span: 13 450 mm
- Horizontal tail unit span: 2 060 mm
- Length: 6 460 mm
- Hight: 1 224 mm
RESLS - retractable electric self-launching system
- Motor power: >25 kW
- Standard batteries’ capacity: 4,6 kWh
- Climb rate using propulsion system (TOW 310 kg): >5 m/s
- Take-off distance (grass surface, TOW 310 kg): 160 m